Why OURA cannot be bought right now
Oura postponed its planned US initial public offering and Nasdaq listing on Tuesday, September 29, 2026, citing uncertainty in the IPO market (CNBC, September 29, 2026; Reuters, September 29, 2026; Axios, September 29, 2026). The company said the delay came despite "strong demand" and a strengthening of its business since the start of the IPO process (CNBC, September 29, 2026). CEO Tom Hale said: "We aim to deliver an extraordinary IPO for our employees and investors and we have the luxury of choosing our moment. In the meantime, we will execute against the opportunities ahead" (CNBC, September 29, 2026; Reuters, September 29, 2026; Axios, September 29, 2026).
The offering had been marketed as 50,000,000 shares at an indicated range of $40.00 to $44.00 per share; at the top of the range it would have raised about $2.2 billion at a fully diluted valuation of about $15.62 billion, and it had been expected to price later on September 29 and begin trading on Nasdaq on Wednesday, September 30 (Reuters, September 29, 2026). Reports indicated the order book was about four times oversubscribed (Reuters, September 29, 2026), and a source told Axios it was about five times oversubscribed but that Oura could not get the price it wanted amid bond yield and oil price volatility (Axios, September 29, 2026).
Oura said it is profitable and expects fiscal 2026 revenue to grow about 90% year over year, and paid members reached 5.7 million after the Oura Ring 5 launch (CNBC, September 29, 2026; Reuters, September 29, 2026). Its S-1 registration statement remains on file with the SEC and no withdrawal has been filed (SEC EDGAR, checked September 30, 2026), but no new IPO date has been announced (CNBC, September 29, 2026; Reuters, September 29, 2026). Other companies also held back IPOs in September 2026: Holtec suspended its IPO and Bamboo Insurance delayed its IPO (Reuters, September 29, 2026).
Pending IPO access requests
Four brokers had confirmed retail access to the September offering. Robinhood Securities, LLC is one of 18 underwriters, listed as co-manager, and Robinhood Financial LLC is a separate selling-group entity (SEC Form S-1/A, September 21, 2026); Robinhood offered access through its IPO Access program (Robinhood Help Center, September 27, 2026) and discloses that Robinhood Ventures Fund I holds an equity stake in Oura (Robinhood, September 24, 2026). Fidelity listed Oura on its IPO calendar (Fidelity, September 27, 2026), SoFi said the Oura IPO was available at SoFi Invest (SoFi, September 27, 2026), and Coinbase made Oura the first deal on its new retail IPO channel, launched September 21, 2026 (Coinbase, September 21, 2026). As of September 27, 2026, no announcement was found confirming access through Charles Schwab or E*TRADE, and Interactive Brokers states it generally does not offer clients IPO participation, a general policy rather than an Oura-specific one (Interactive Brokers on X, September 2025).
Those requests followed a common pattern: an eligible, funded account, then a conditional offer to buy or indication of interest submitted after the price range became public, and at Fidelity a reconfirmation after the SEC declares the registration effective and pricing is set (Fidelity, September 27, 2026). Allocation is discretionary or randomized and never guaranteed; Fidelity says institutional investors have historically received roughly 90% of an IPO versus about 10% for retail, though the split varies by deal (Fidelity, September 27, 2026). Because Oura postponed before pricing (Reuters, September 29, 2026), no request for the September deal can turn into shares while the offering is on hold.
What happens to an open request now depends on each broker's rules: it may be cancelled, kept on file, or need to be submitted again if Oura relaunches. Segmara has not confirmed how any of these brokers is handling open Oura requests, so check the order status and any notice in your account rather than assuming an earlier request carries over to a relaunched deal.
Buying OURA on an exchange
OURA is not trading on Nasdaq or any other exchange, so an ordinary brokerage order cannot buy it; Oura postponed its listing on September 29, 2026 and has not announced a new date (CNBC, September 29, 2026; Reuters, September 29, 2026). Robinhood's OURA listing page had shown an expected trading date of 9/30/2026 (Robinhood, September 27, 2026); that date belonged to the postponed offering (Reuters, September 29, 2026).
Oura's September 21, 2026 filing named the Nasdaq Global Select Market and the ticker OURA, and described lock-up agreements covering directors, officers and most stockholders, with a graduated early-release schedule (Oura Inc. Form S-1/A, September 21, 2026). If OURA begins trading after a relaunch, any brokerage account can place an ordinary market or limit order, no IPO eligibility or reconfirmation applies, and the price is set by the market, which can differ from the IPO price in either direction.
Segmara is a research site. It does not sell, broker or arrange purchases of Oura shares and gives no investment advice; nothing on this page is a recommendation to buy, sell or hold, and Segmara does not predict whether, when or at what price OURA will trade.